For our next meetup, let's try some place new. On Bonnie's suggestion, we're going to Empire Szechuan Village, a Village landmark with affordable classic Chinese fare in addition to Japanese and vegetarian dishes, plus a full bar. And we'll have our own room upstairs! Last time, we had a great discussion on the positive and negative aspects of "lonliness," with many insights and personal reflections. Let's continue with the broad category of "Human Emotions," from which we will select one topic. Here are a few more specific topic suggestions:
1. What is the purpose of guilt, and why do we feel it?
2. What makes you trust someone?
3. What is at the root of jealousy?
4. Is there any positive aspect(s) of anger?
5. Is love a human invention? How about lust?
6. Why is it that some people can't help worrying?
We'll vote on a specific topic at the meetup. A $2-3 contribution to cover Meetup fees would be appreciated!