addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Chicago's West Suburbs LGBTQ+ Connection Message Board › Stepping up temporarily, seeking others to help going forward

Stepping up temporarily, seeking others to help going forward

Eva-Genevieve!
Eva-Genevieve
Group Organizer
Naperville, IL
Greetings everyone,

I have decided to step up and fill the organizer void temporarily. I am hoping that others will help share the load going beyond November by stepping up as co-organizers and others by chipping in a few bucks to help pay Meetup's monthly fee. I just paid out of pocket $89.94 for the next 6 months. I don't have the time needed or financial resources to carry this group alone beyond November, but I really don't want to see it disappear, so for now, at least, we are still up and running.

I recently relocated to the area and this group has been very important to me as I seek friends and the LGBTQ+ community at large. I believe this is of great importance to others in our community who need fellowship and safe company. Meeting at some of the various locations has helped me learn my way around too - that has been an added bonus. Some are seeking someone to date others just seek friendship and camaraderie, others have other reasons for attending and I hope you all keep coming around and find what you are looking for here and in so doing help keep the group alive so others can benefit too.

Today at the coffee meetup in Oswego we talked about how to move forward from here. We decided to keep the existing schedule of meetups in place for now and next month at the Oswego Coffee meetup we will re-visit future events and see what to keep and what changes to make and take suggestions from members on venues in their towns so that we can continue to discover what is out here.  Maybe we can find things to do that ill interest a few more of the 843 members on the books.

I have one other reason for stepping up and that is my desire to see more LGBTQ+ visibility in the area, especially in places like Naperville where it is rare indeed to even see a rainbow flag or, even more so, a diverse group of people out having a good time on the town. I really want to see our people claiming our place in public in large enough numbers so that we will be safe even if some of the haters in the area do get a little ugly. I don't know about you but I really want to change the status-quo around here.

I am open to suggestions, especially because I don't know the area all that well and I appreciate suggestions on things we can do together, so If anyone wishes to contact me privately my personal email is evagenevieve@yahoo.com, I am on Facebook - just search Eva-Genevieve Scarborough and my cell number, preferably for texting, is 626 260 2281.

I hope to see you all soon.
Hugs and Blessings,
Eva-Genevieve!