addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

WESTCHESTER GEEKS Message Board › Organizer?

Organizer?

Mark
VBWyrde
White Plains, NY
Post #: 126
Hi Westchester Geeks!

The group has had a number of fun and successful events, and is definitely a nice-to-have in our area... We geeks don't have many forums in Westchester and this is a fun one. So it's kind of sad to see it go due to lack of Organizer. It's not that expensive to run a meetup ($12/m) and it doesn't necessarily take a lot of time (though you *could* spend a lot of time at it, and if you charge for events even make some money). I was hoping to see some bright geek pick up on this and keep the group going, for the sake of the, er, Geek Community here out in the boondocks. Any takers? Maybe people could even rotate ownership by year, or something, so not one person winds up maintaining it. Anyway, I hope you guys will leap at the opportunity and keep things going. If nothing else, the occassional oddball geek movie to see together has been great. Ok... crossing fingers...

mark

PS - I would host it myself, ... but honestly ... I'm already completely smooshed on time and can't see taking on another responsibility... but I would love to catch more movies like Troll Hunter with you guys... ;)
Elliot K.
eskravitz
Croton on Hudson, NY
Post #: 27
Hello all,

I hope that this group makes it, though it's been a while since I attended an event (I think the Bodies exhibition or Scott Pilgrim vs. the World might have been the last one). Anyway, just in case, you should all know about and join the Westchester Gaming Group meetup. We play boardgames every Tuesday in Croton and Thursday in Yonkers. We're all basically geeks and attend cons and movies so it accomplishes alot of what goes on here, but with an emphasis on gaming.

Cheers,
Elliot
Mark
VBWyrde
White Plains, NY
Post #: 129
Turkbroda has come to the rescue! biggrin

I'll be looking forward to that Avengers movie, there buddy! My free nights are usually Monday (except the third M of the month), Wednesday, alternating Fridays and Sundays... (hint hint) wink

Thanks!

Mark