Let's meet at the North County Trailway Parking Lot (41°07'23.0"N 73°48'41.8"W) off of Route 117 - there are two parking lots right next to each other (look at the map - 2d photo), one is very small (DO NOT PARK THERE), the other is much larger - We will meet near the Nature Trail sign at the far end of the parking lot (see below), and walk the trails in Rockefeller Preserve. Please note that if I have to cancel, I will do so no later than 6:30 am via email the day of. Please check your email in the morning. I will also email out my cell phone number between 6:30-7:00.
This is for exercise. Bring plenty of water and dress in layers and you might want to consider bug spray. The trails are wide, have cinder gravel and there are hills. I plan to walk 4-6 miles. We meet at 7:30 am and depart at 7:35. Please be prompt.
See the picture of the entrance below. The entrance to the large parking lot is next to the smaller one. A little confusing if you haven't been here before. See directions below pictures.
Meet at the Nature Trail sign in rear of the parking lot.
From points South
Take the Bronx River Parkway until it merges with the Sprain, which will then merge with the Taconic. Take the exit for 117/Pleasantville/Tarrytown, make a left then look for the sign to North County Parking Lot, about 1/4 mile on the left.
From points North
Take the Taconic to the Route 100 exit (Millwood), then go south on 100/117, from Route 100 South look for the exit for 117/Pleasantville (it is a left exit). Turn right off the exit and look for the sign to the North County Parking lot (on the left about 100 feet from the exit).
From points East
Take I-287 (Cross Westchester Expressway) West. I-287 will merge with I-87 (New York State Thruway). Take I-87 North to Exit 9, Tarrytown. This is the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge. At the end of exit ramp, turn left onto Route 119. Take Route 119 to the end. Turn right at the traffic light onto Route 9. Take Route 9 North through the villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow approximately 1.7 miles. Make a right onto Route 117/Bedford Road, go past the entrance for Rockefeller Preserve, look for the sign on your right to the North County Trailway Parking lot - there are two parking lots, you want the first one which is larger. If you pass the entrance to the Taconic, you have gone too far.
From points West
Take Tappan Zee Bridge East to Exit 9, Route 9. The exit is immediately after the toll plaza.Proceed to the end of the ramp and turn right onto Route 9 North. Continue with directions from “points East,” via Route 9 North above.
Take the Metro North Hudson line to Tarrytown. For scheduling and additional train information, visit www.mta.nyc.us. Taxis are usually available at the station.
By participation in this event, you have read and agree to this WAIVER:
In consideration of my being accepted to participate and/or actually participating in the above-described event, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns (1) waive and release any rights and claims for damages for injuries that may arise against Westchester Wanderers Meetup Group, their organizers, event organizers, event helpers, members, employees and agents, from my participation in the event, (2) agree not to commence any legal action to recover such damages, (3) agree, if I violate the previous clause, to hold harmless and indemnify defendants for any attorneys' fees and other costs that I may incur and I agree to pay for any and all expenses and damages incurred by them in defending such legal action, and (4) grant Westchester Wanderers permission to use my name, photograph or likeness. In addition, I hereby attest that I am fully aware that hiking (and walking on paved or unpaved roads or trails) is a dangerous activity that can result in injury and/or death and that I am adequately physically fit to participate in the hike and that I attend this event completely at my own risk with no expectations whatsoever of other members of the group. I hereby attest that I am fully aware that there is no cost to me required to be a member of the group or to attend any of the group's walking or hiking events, and that Westchester Wanderers and its members are not a business or commercial operation, that it does not carry liability or medical insurance for its members and that any voluntary donations of money or other valuable goods that I contribute to the group or any of its members for any reason does not constitute a purchase of service nor does it entitle me to any rights or relationships with respect to the group or any of its members.
By adding your RSVP online to this event/hike or attending this event/hike, you are agreeing to and accepting the following:
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY,
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the EVENT(S) as described in this event posting above organized by or in association with Westchester Wanderers Meetup Group (hereinafter “GROUP”), EACH OF THE participants who RSVP for and/or attend the event/hike, for himself, his personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin:
1. Acknowledges, agrees, and represents that he has or will immediately upon entering any area in which the EVENT is to occur (“EVENT AREAS”), and will continuously thereafter, inspect the EVENT AREAS which he/she enters, and he/she further agrees and warrants that, if at any time, he/she is in or about EVENT AREAS and he/she feels anything to be unsafe, he/she will immediately advise the organizers of the EVENT of such and if necessary will leave the EVENT AREAS and/or refuse to participate further in the EVENT(S).
2. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the members of the GROUP, organizers, promoters, participants, sanctioning organizations or any subdivision thereof, rescue personnel, any persons in any EVENT AREA, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the EVENT(S), premises and event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the premises or EVENT(S) and each of them, their directors, officers, agents and employees, all for the purpose herein referred to as “Releasees,” FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE PARTICIPANT, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFOR ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT(S), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
3. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST they may incur arising out of or related to the EVENT(S) WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
4. HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or related to the EVENT(S) whether caused by the NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
5. HEREBY acknowledges that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE PARTICIPANTS, also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. HEREBY agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement extends to all acts of negligence by the Releasees, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the Province or State in which the EVENT(S) is/are conducted and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT, AND DO SO FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY ONLINE RSVP FOR AND/OR ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.