addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Westchester for Change Message Board › Call To Action - Email & Letter Campaign to NY Broadcasters on Fracking

Call To Action - Email & Letter Campaign to NY Broadcasters on Fracking

A former member
Post #: 114
I've never been an activist in my life - I've voiced my support for activists, but never partook in any activities. However, with the onslaught of pro-fracking commercials going on air on both local and cable news stations, as well as other stations, I feel it's necessary for us to do a letter and e-mail campaign, a deluge of mail, to all local television and news radio stations (such as PIX 11, News 12, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, WHUD, WPLJ, etc.) as well as newspapers, and beg them to start covering and doing investigative reporting on hydraulic fracturing drilling for natural gas - BEFORE it gets the green light in New York!

This is quite serious! I haven't seen even SMALL coverage on fracking in New York anywhere! Something this controversial, this important, and what can have far reaching impacts on the people of New York for generations should have almost dominant media coverage up til Albany makes a decision on licensing!

But it seems that the only ones that know of what's going on are the members of Westchester For Change.

The word needs to get out! We need to annoy the heck out of the media outlets in New York until they finally start covering this story!

As a side-activity, if anyone knows of groups that can fund anti-fracking commercials to compete with the gas company's pro-fracking advertising "blitz", please post and let the rest of us know.

I hope I will get responses on this post. Perhaps we could have a meetup to discuss what can be done? Maybe?

ADDENDUM:

If you want to send your responses to the Dept. of Environmental Conservation of New York regarding fracking, the link is here: http://www.dec.ny.gov/energy/76838.html­