addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Westchester for Change Message Board › Verizon Vigil

Verizon Vigil

Suzanne A.
SuzanneArena
New Rochelle, NY
Post #: 6
CWA local 1101 and others came to a Christmas Vigil in front of one of Verizon’s Board of Directors, Hugh Price's house, at 21 Trenor Drive New Rochelle, NY, a hot bed of 1%ers. He helped the 5 top executives at Verizon walk away with $258 million dollars over the last 4
years.

For his role as a Verizon director—a part-time job—Price received $233,000 last year. (Guess who decides how much to pay the Board of Directors? - The Board of Directors!)
Price has another part-time job as a director on MetLife’s board. Last year he got $265,400. All that’s on top of his undisclosed pay from his two other parttime jobs at Princeton and the Brookings Institution.
It’s no wonder the 1% stick together!
While Hugh Price and Verizon executives are collecting big bucks, the
company is demanding big givebacks at the bargaining table that would
destroy middle class jobs.

Join CWA, members of the Occupy movement, and other
activists on Friday for a Holiday Season Vigil for a Fair
Contract to protect good middle-class jobs. (this was taken from the flyer Rachel sent)

HOW IT WENT:
Verizon workers were out with 99%, Fair Contract and "Don't Ship Jobs Overseas" signs. Santa brought a huge lump of coal for good ol' Hugh! The Grinch showed up, approving Verizon's actions. Scrooge (Hugh) was out of town. His large, white, center hall colonial house was Dark. He was probably at some high priced resort or other home in a beautiful tropical local. Rachel and I were there. We sang "rearranged X'mas carols". Ch 12 news came.
I put my hood up, played the 3rd ghost and wrote out a sign that said "Scrooge lives at 21 Trenor Drive" and pointed my finger at his house for all the cars that passed by. I placed a flyer that said "3 Ghosts need to visit you on 12/24/2011!"
Wish more activists came. Pictures to follow.