Location visible to members
WSA Monthly Potluck ---
Outdoors in the Monument with the shade (and rain protection)
of the Devil's Kitchen Picnic Shelter
In summers past we moved the potluck location to a different park site every month. This summer we are getting so much rain, I suggest we stick with Devil's Kitchen since it is a large picnic shelter, protected from weather from different directions.
We are at the Devils Kitchen picnic area (not the same area as in this photo. We will be at the large stone and log shelter we have used for potlucks in previous summers).
Please allow yourself ample time for getting through the east Monument entrance.
Time to make our favorite culinary creations and share them with fellow Adventurers.
We hope to see MANY of our old and new members
Monday evening from 6 to about 8 PM to share good food, stories and experiences.
During the summer when we meet outdoors we typically plan to recreate from about 5.30 or 6 PM, then potluck about 7 PM.
There are short hikes we can do from this location. If you would like others to join you for a hike you can keep it simple and informal or you are welcome to post it as a 5.30 or 6 - 7 PM event, come to the picnic shelter for dinner.
If anyone wants to ride your bike up the east entrance road please post that as a separate event and plan to be done by 7 PM.
I may again post an 'introduction to (or practice) rappelling event.
What to bring:
• food for the potluck - main dish, salad, dessert - your choice
• your own serving plates and utensils THIS IS A MUST
• paper or plastic plates to eat on and plastic-ware (forks, knives, spoons, etc...) THIS IS A MUST
• beverage (and cups) of choice (adult beverages in moderation are OK)
• paper towels &/or napkins; we will need a few medium or large plastic trash bags
• Note pad & pen or a smart phone/ tablet for taking notes about ideas for where you want to go and what you want to do with WSA in summer 2014.
Please plan to take a minute or two to let the group know:
• what outdoor activities you have recently been up to (since the last potluck)
• plans/outings you want to share with WSA this Summer
Doug Van Etten (http://www.meetup.com/WesternSlopeAdventurers/members/3924858/) for general WSA information or your ideas for future potluck locations or WSA outings:[masked]