You can use this application to apply to the Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) for one of the following reasons:
• you gave the tenant a Notice to End your Tenancy for any reason, except non-payment of rent (Form N4),
• the tenant has abandoned the rental unit, or
• the tenant occupies the superintendent’s unit and their employment as superintendent ended more than 7 days ago.
You can also use this form to apply to the LTB for an order requiring the tenant to pay you: \
• compensation for each day they remain in the rental unit after the termination date set out in the Notice to End your Tenancy,
• compensation for damage the tenant, their guest, or another occupant of the rental unit caused to the rental unit or to the residential complex,
• the additional amount the tenant would have been required to pay had the tenant not misrepresented their income or that of their family in a RentGeared-to-Income rental unit, and/or
• the bank charges and related administration charges for NSF cheques the tenant gave you.
You cannot file this application if the tenant has moved out of the rental unit, unless you are applying because you believe the tenant has abandoned the rental unit. If the tenant has already moved out, you can apply to court for any money the tenant owes you.
This is a FREE event. The webinar is open to property owners, renters, realtors, and anyone else interested in Ontario’s housing laws. Please RSVP if you will be attending.
This event is for informational purposes only. For formal legal advice, please consult one-on-one with a licensed lawyer or paralegal.
About the Host: Caryma Sa'd is a lawyer practicing in the areas of criminal, housing, and cannabis law. Her cases and legal commentary have been featured by mainstream media outlets including Associated Press, BNN Bloomberg, CBC, Canadian Lawyer, CityNews Toronto, CP24, CTV, Global Toronto, Globe and Mail, Law Times, Ming Pao, Sing Tao, StarMetro Vancouver, Toronto Star, and VICE News.
Caryma Sa'd is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Housing Law Q&A with Caryma Sa'd Time: June 28,[masked]:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)