Jun 25, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
*** No need to RSVP "NO" if not attending ***
(Mother Nature punked me with the threat of thunderstorms when I scheduled this game last week -- and then it didn't rain! Let's have a weeknight after-work game. What better way to get the day's stress out, just imagine the ball is your boss' head when you wail on it!)
Man, I've been feeling old lately and going through bouts of nostalgia about the fun times of my youth. One of my favorite things to do was to play kickball during recess and after school with my buddies in the local playground. I'm getting an itch to see if the skills remain -- let's have a kickball game for grownups!
If you don't know, now you know ...
If you've never played the game of kickball as a kid you must have grown up on Mars. But as a quick primer, it's a game with rules similar to baseball -- except instead of using a bat to hit a little ball, you use your feet to kick a ball about 10x the size of a baseball. Kick the ball, run to the base, avoid getting your ball caught mid-air or yourself tagged out. Easy. And no athletic skill is necessary, just the ability to kick! Go out and practice now to get ready. Kick the postman when he delivers your bills. Kick that neighbor who won't turn down his stereo. Just get kicking!
A $2.00 equipment fee will be collected at this event, unfortunately the sports gear doesn't come from Santa.
The important stuff ...
- This is a co-ed game so ladies don't be shy to sign up. And it doesn't matter if you have no athletic ability, you just have to be willing to have a little fun.
- Dress for physical activity! You'll be kicking and running so wear your sneaks, shorts and a t-shirt.
- Rain or similar un-favorable weather cancels the meetup.
- Check your email before leaving for the event to get last minute meetup updates.
- Please DO NOT RSVP if you do not seriously plan to attend as space is limited. No flakes allowed! If you RSVP and I notice that you have a number of no shows or have a history of last minute cancellations, you will be removed.
- Sorry, no guests allowed for this one.