God's Love we Deliver is a New York tri-state area leading provider in nutrition.
This organization started in 1985 was created out of the kindness of a hospice volunteer Ganga Stone. Ganga visited an AIDS patient that changed her life. 25 years later God's Love We Deliver now prepares 3,600 meals each week day delivering them to clients in New York City, Newark, Hudson County and various areas throughout New Jersey.
This one person's small effort has now become a vehicle to benefit & save the lives of thousands who are in need.
God's Love We Deliver now distributes healthy meals to patients suffering from Cancer, Alzheimer's, MS and many other debilitating diseases.
We have contact the staff of God's Love We Deliver and they have express their interest in having us visit and volunteer for the day
Hours: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Activity: We will be joining Gods love in preparing food: Chopping/peeling veggies, wrapping bagels, preparing a pack-out for the next day's deliveries. They provide you with a hairnet, aprons, knives and chopping boards as well as a short orientation and food safety course when you arrive.
Yes you can bring a friend!
1. Please note that a locker with a key assigned to you will be provided.
(must have photo ID ANY DMV/School/Employment)
2. Please no big jewelry watches, earrings, necklace, chains, bracelets (while prepping food)
3. Coffee is always provided
4. I would like to get something - so please suggest
5. Wear closed toe shoes, comfortable sneaker, shoes etc
6. please no sleeveless shirt
7. Please be able to handle sharp knives
8. We start promptly (we start together) - please try your best to be on time
9. Please cancel ahead of time if not able to attend
10. more importantly: please, I demand! have fun
11. Also note if you are sick or if you are overcoming a cold you can not participate, only because the clients that we are preparing food for have weakened immune systems and these things have to be taken into consideration
I will have my cell with me C:[masked]
......see yah there
We Have Twitter now