addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube
Nancy V.
HeadCheese
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 24
It is my guess that the gritty just means it hasn't fully ripened.
JulieEcho
julieecho
Rohnert Park, CA
Post #: 10
Thanks Nancy. I was thinking that was the case.

I started this recipe on 3/4/17. I tried it on 3/17/17 and it was delicious but gritty, but more so that it did recently. I hope one of the things I learn from this craft is patience. wink

I plan on making the recipe again this weekend, to see what else I can learn from this recipe.