WiDS Seoul is an independent event organized by Women in Tech x Data Science (WiTxDS) to coincide with the annual Global Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference held at Stanford University and an estimated 150+ locations worldwide. All genders are invited to attend WiDS regional events, which feature outstanding women doing outstanding work.
Women in Data Science at Stanford 가 이번 3월, 데이터 사이언스 분야에 저명한 인사들을 초대하여 이야기를 들어보는 자리를 마련했습니다. 데이터 사이언스에 관심이 있어 참석하고 싶지만 지리적 제한으로 불가능한 분들께 라이브스트리밍을 통해 함께 정보를 나누고자 합니다.
*** TARGET AUDIENCE ***
- Anyone interested in data science
- Recent graduates seeking jobs in data
- IT professionals looking to understand the latest trends in data science
- Business analysts keen to incorporate and leverage data in their work
*** AGENDA ***
Part I. Demystifying Data Science
-Why Does Data Matter? (Data, Insight, and Execution)
-What is Data Science? (Data Science vs. Data Analytics vs. Data Engineering)
-How to Apply Data Science? (Tooling & Application)
Part II. Selection of the live stream video from Stanford
Check out our amazing speakers and their biographies!
- Hilary Parker, Data Scientist at Stitch Fix (https://www.widsconference.org/hilary-parker.html)
- Emma Brunskill, Assistant Professor, Computer Science at Stanford University (https://www.widsconference.org/emma-brunskill.html)
- Anima Anandkumar, Bren Professor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences at CalTech & Director of Research in Machine Learning at NVIDIA (https://www.widsconference.org/anima-anandkumar.html)
Part III. Workshop for Recruiting
-Collaborative Platforms: Intro to Jupyter Notebook, Github, Colaboratory
-Building professional identify & network: LinkedIn and outreach tips
For more information about Women in Data Science and past events, please refer to this link: