addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Willamette Valley Outdoors Message Board › Suggestions

Suggestions

Matthew H.
user 14228003
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 10
I would like to hear from the members of the group any suggestions that you may have. Let me know what activities you would like to see planned, what come be improved, what should be done more, where should we go, where is the best place to meet for carpooling. Communication and interactions with other members will help make this a great group to be a part of.

Thanks,

Matt Howell
Matthew H.
user 14228003
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 16
Would anyone like to make any suggestions for events they would like to see organized? Any suggestions of places to go, maybe a different time for events that you can attend? I would appreciate any feedback and communication within the group. Thanks.
Matthew H.
user 14228003
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 29
As the new year approaches, I would like to extend an open welcome for suggestions for upcoming events. I have had a few emails as well as various members of the group come up to me on hikes. I would like to continue being available for people to come to privately with their ideas, as well as to allow an open discussion to get a good idea of what people would like to do this coming year. I would love to hear some feedback as to what you truly enjoy about the group, as well as what I can do to improve it.
Brian B.
user 14522737
Corvallis, OR
Post #: 15
Hi Matt, I would like to see some more hikes up HiWay 126 and 20 because I'm selfish and it's closer to home. Actually it's a great area deserving more attention. I would like to do a snowshoe or two up there before winters end and hikes up there come this spring and summer. I would also be glad to take you up on your offer and help lead on any of these trails you are unfamiliar with. There are hikes of the deep woods nature as well as the open vista type up on top. Happy trails I'm always ready for a hike into new areas too.
Matthew H.
user 14228003
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 30
Thanks for the suggestions, Brian. I'm hoping to add a few snowshoeing trips that start from the snow parks near Santiam Pass. I would be interested in some hikes that you know about near Detroit Lake as well, later in the year. I look forward to seeing you join us again soon. Glad you enjoyed the snowshoeing trip and were able to go a such short notice.
Matthew H.
user 14228003
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 38
I have noticed a lot more members from the Corvallis and Albany area have joined lately. Would anyone from up there be interested in helping to organize weekly events for people to enjoy? I was thinking of walking or running along the Bald Hill Path, or hiking to the summit? Also bike rides, and hiking. One of the leaders, Katie Clark, lives up there, and it would be great to have a group of people get together weekly for some outings. Please let me know if you are interested in doing that. Thanks.
Cedar
user 79503352
Corvallis, OR
Post #: 1
I'm in Corvallis. It would be great to have some hikes during the week, after work, hike off some pent up energy! Let me know what you decide. I'm not so good at organizing but I'd certainly want to join in on some hikes around here.
Matthew H.
user 14228003
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 39
Cedar, you happen to be familiar with the Bald Hill hiking trails, as well as the walking and biking path? Maybe after the daylight savings time we can set up a weekly walk or hike there? Something for people to enjoy in the evening, without it being too late or dark. If a few people show interests, I can set something up. I could even do it for occasional Friday evenings, as I go to Corvallis for the occasional weekend.
Matthew H.
user 14228003
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 50
A suggestion from Santa Andrew.

"Mid Week Trip Anybody?
I posted this on the Central Oregon Backpackers.
Looking for a date for next week.

Cross country skiing at Tombstone Pass or Hoodoo anyone? Could even swing through Eugene and go up to Willamette Pass area.

I’m driving out of Corvallis and would like to do a mid week day ski trip. Thursdays are out but any other day next week would work. Happy to ski with beginners or advance skiers doesn’t matter to me. If you want to come along and snowshoe that is OK too. I just need to get out."
Kathy
user 108330272
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
Molly and I have been hiking Brice Creek. We go to Lund park and back - 8 miles round trip. Would love to go to Trestle falls but never seem to leave early enough (approx 10 mile hike.) Could easily meet folks at the Cottage Grove WalMart, and maybe go to Ax & Fiddle afterwards for eats and drinks, or . . . ??

Also, regarding backpacking trips for the spring/summer - ideas: Waldo Lake, Sharps Creek, any of the high lakes, Dennis Lake, Jefferson wilderness . . . no campgrounds, though! :-) Just some thoughts . . .