addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Windows Developer Community Oslo Message Board › I need some guidance....hope for help...

I need some guidance....hope for help...

Shashwat S.
user 10745725
Oslo, NO
Post #: 1
cn any help me out i need to make an application which will fetch the call logs, phone book entries, sms, and some other stuffs from windows moble.. how should i start. i have vs 2008 adn windows mobile sdk 6 installed....
Per Ola S.
PerOla
Oslo, NO
Post #: 1
The best way to do this is by using the Pocket Outlook API. You need to add the Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.dl­l (located in your Windows Mobile 6 SDK) as a reference to your project.

By using the OutlookSession you can get all contacts, appointments, tasks, e-mail accounts and sms account on your phone.

I have never tried to fetch call logs before but I guess you can do this from SystemState. To use this you need to add the Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.dll as a reference to your project.

I hope this can help to get you started.
Shashwat S.
user 10745725
Oslo, NO
Post #: 2
Thanx for ur reply bro.. i m trying with that.. how that will work out.. cn u do me a favor .. cn u tell me where cn i get some reference codes.. for starting....if u get time .. thanx again.. tc have a great time ahed.
Per Ola S.
PerOla
Oslo, NO
Post #: 2
Hi,

There are several code examples on this, you can for example have a look at these pages:

Call log sample
Phone API sample