To those of you planning to attend the Saturday meetup at Fry's Electronics in Irving, a few notes:
- I've been ill with the flu or several days but will hopefully be well enough by then. Please check your emails late Friday and early Saturday just in case: I'll send notices out if I cannot make it.
- The meetup will be in Fry's cafe in the center of the store. I have been told we can bring laptops in but you may need to have them checked upon entering he store and again upon exiting. When I spoke with their customer service rep I got he impression they're not too used to meetups there, so we will be breaking new ground! If anyone has a mifi or similar, please bring just in case wifi turns out to be an issue.
- I should be able to cover at least one drink for all attendees.
- There is no agenda as this is a social meetup. I am counting on attendees to contribute. But if all we do is sit around and enjoy fellowship, that's fine, too!
- If you have earned a reward in one of my contests, please bring your proof and I'll take care of you!
- We have enough attendance that I will bring a Lumia 800 for a giveaway. Prior winners not eligible.
- Remember, there is a VB.Net session at Dallas Makerspace afterward.
On the subject of contests, remember that I'm still running some. I *may* adjust the criteria... let's discuss Saturday.
In other news, the DVLUP team has been hard at work addressing your concerns, and some fixes as well as promotion clarifications are in place. The leader board is changing daily, which means we're seeing a good amount of activity! I'm looking forward to seeing members of THIS group on that board.
Don't have a DVLUP account? Why not? It's free, and currently you don't even need a unique registration token.
Finally, starting in January we will have regular meetups. See you there!