Free Prizes, Food & Workshop
Building Windows 8 Apps Using Popular API’s
Sponsored by Microsoft & Boston Windows 8 App Developers Group
How does our next Windows 8 app group meeting compete with the great weather we will have on that night?
1. You will learn a new valuable skill - How to build Windows 8 apps using popular API’s.
At this meeting experts will teach you how to integrate cool API’s like ESPN, Meetup, Twitter, Rotten Tomatoes, Singly and others into any Windows 8/RT app.
2. You'll get SWAG just for attending - We have more giveaway prizes for this meeting than at any other prior meeting. Chances are you going to win some Microsoft swag we received as a Microsoft tech affiliate group.
3. You'll win nice prizes for the best apps that night - The Boston Microsoft guys will give away additional prizes to best app(s).
The meeting will be a mix of instruction and hands-on time, so attendees should bring laptops with Windows 8 and the free/Express (or higher) version of Visual Studio 2012. Content will include a brief overview of the starter kits, showing the architecture and moving parts, including making remote API calls, creating local objects based on the data (via JSON), and binding that data to controls in the UI. We’ll have workbooks to help guide everyone through, including getting their apps into the Windows Store.
We strongly encourage people to create accounts ahead of time for the APIs they think they’ll want to work with so there won’t be any issues waiting for access. (Some APIs grant access right away, others can take several days.)
We’re finalizing the list, but here are some of the APIs for which we’ll have starter kits:
· Yelp (restaurants) - http://www.yelp.com/developers
· Edmunds (cars) - http://developer.edmunds.com/
· Rotten Tomatoes (movies)- http://developer.rottentomatoes.com/
· Untappd (beer) - https://untappd.com/api/
· Klout (social) - http://klout.com/s/developers/home
· Facebook (social) – https://developers.facebook.com/
· Twitter (social) – https://dev.twitter.com/
· StackOverflow (forums) - http://api.stackoverflow.com/
Get a introduced into something valuable at our next meeting.
Our next meeting is a hands on workshop where you can learn a key skill you need to build dynamic apps on Windows 8.
Plan to attend and show your support for the group.
You'll get food, prizes and the chance to learn something new you can apply to your development today.