Roadraves are street skates organized by National Skate Patrol. They happen every 1st and 3rd Friday during Summer.
Route: 10 to 12 Miles through the city. Every skate has a different theme that will be announced shortly prior to the event.
What to bring:
- A helmet (Skate Patrol absolutely requires them). Wrist guards and other pads are also recommended.
- Water (there will be none on the route).
- Blinky lights if you have them.
Required skill level:
- Know how to brake
- Comfortable skating in traffic (we skate on the streets)
- Able to step over curbs, railroad tracks, etc.
- Comfortable on hills
- Again this is organized by Skate Patrol and not by this meetup group. We will stay together as a group and don't run red lights etc.
- You skate at your own risk. Skaters will have to sign a Waiver to attend.
- Don't worry if you are not a fast skater. Speed will be determined by the slowest.
We end at All-Stars Sports Bar - 205 W. Wacker. (Wacker & Wells)
Check the Chicago NSP site for last minute updates and more information. Raves are usually canceled by 3pm day of if bad weather is expected.