addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Windy City Skaters Message Board › Where to buy inline skates

Where to buy inline skates

David C.
chartier
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
My first suggestion would have been SEBA but sounds like you already tried them. [...] nothing stays as tight as regular old laces.
Hrm. I haven't returned them yet. Maybe I just need to suck it up and get used to old school laces. I'll kick it around.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Kirsten and Ryan. After giving it some thought, I decided to stay with my old skates for awhile. They are so old, Rollerblade can't even tell me if they have 72 or 76mm wheels! :) I skate mainly on the Bloomingdale Trail for exercise now, several times a week. I am pretty stable on the skates there, so I will upgrade the wheels and bearings at some point, fix my brake, keep moving. Moving faster is not good for my workout, as resistance helps. Getting some protective pads will be the most helpful thing for me to do the road raves. I had a lot of fun, but was a little freaked out about falling. With pads, my freak out should be less.:)