Please note: there are some changes in the format of our Umpqua Ukulele Night.
1) As space and time are limited (5;30 - 6:30), we will be limiting the number of attendees to make sure that those who do come get the most out of it.
2) Rather than a traditional kanikapila (sing-along) we will be offering a specific lesson each month so that we can surely but slowly increase our skills as players. There may be some time for playing and practicing what we have learned after the lesson, but that is not guaranteed. Please only RSVP if you are, in fact, interested in taking the time to learn a new skill or technique.
3) We only have an hour, so no pupus.
4) I will be offering this month's lesson on how to read music and pick out simple melodies on your uke.
5) Because of the limited number of people allowed, RSVP's are paramount. Please don't come unless you have RSVP'd. If you do RSVP, please come. If you don't, you will get a "no show" unless you change your RSVP by 5 pm the day before. Folks on the waiting list will be automatically moved up, but we want to make sure they get adequate notice. (No need to RSVP if you are NOT coming.)
You might also want to bring a music stand if you have one.....though I'm hoping we can sit around the circular table.
I will bring a few songs to practice with and illustrate the points made in the lesson. But, if you have the sheet music for a tune you're not sure about, please bring it.
This is an experiment, so we'll see how it goes.