addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

"With an Open Mind" Discussion Group Message Board › When is Democracy NOT the answer?

When is Democracy NOT the answer?

A former member
Post #: 69
Discussions are good on these matters.

I have not researched some definitions, which I probably should. All the while, I would still like to present some ideas off the top of my head on this matter, whether I am able to attend or not.

Perhaps Democracy is not the answer when over a certain percentage of the people are unfit to make decisions pertaining to the government of societies of people. Which raise the question, "how would that be determined?".

Perhaps Democracy is not the answer at all times when a group is sufficiently small and cohesive that decisions may be made that affect the group without the vote, and/or consent, of the group.

And finally, perhaps democracy is not the answer in times requiring quick decision making. In other words, time may constrain the ability to obtain a vote from a panel of people.

Other ideas.........?

Ta,
Matthew­

Vernon, you rock for doing what you do!