What we're about
The intention of the group is to be a fun uplifting way to meet women friends. Our group does a wide variety of fun events around Louisville and a few day trips: dinners, wine tastings/happy hours, trivia, plays, movies, festivals, a knitting circle, etc.: anything that sounds like something fun to do with your girlfriends. Best of all, we always have events posted. We average 4-5 events per month.
• We offer regular knitting nights every other week. All skill levels are welcome. If you don't know how to knit, we'll teach you! We meet at places where we can have a casual dinner and socialize while we knit. (If you do other crafts, you're welcome to bring them. If you'd just like to socialize, you're welcome to come. We're a friendly bunch!)
• Starting in January, we're going to start a wellness support system in Witty Women. We'll discuss healthy eating, exercise, healthy bones, core strength, and mindfulness/meditation.
While most of our members are in our 40s and 50s, we have active members who are younger and older. It doesn't matter if you're single/divorced, married, dating someone, or where you are in life, you're welcome here! This group is about meeting and making women friends. If you would like to read more about Witty Women, please click on our FAQs. (http://www.meetup.com/Witty-Women-Meetup/pages/Witty_Women_FAQs/)
In order to join:
1. Post a recognizable picture, so we'll know who you are when you come to an event. You will not be approved as a member without a recognizable picture. Please do not post pictures of yourself in a group. Our group settings are private. No one outside the group will be able to see your picture or who is coming to an event.
2. Our RSVP policy is that we ask if you've signed up to an event (RSVPed "going") and don't show up, it's a "no show." We ask if you've signed up and are listed as "going" and aren't able to attend, please change your status to "not going". If you no show three times, we remove you from the group.
3. Dues are $6 a year (50 cents a month). You have a 30 day trial to see how you like the group. If you don't pay dues, you'll be removed from the group after the 30 day trial. You can rejoin the group if you message me and pay your dues within 24 hours of being approved as a member.