PLEASE RSVP ON THE CHIPY MEETUP PAGE: http://www.meetup.com/ChiPyFans/events/163257702/
Come work on Python projects, get programming help, help others, and hang out.
Bring your own project or work on one of the suggested projects below. Everyone is welcome, all skill levels are encouraged.
Friendly people will be here to help beginning Python programmers with language basics and practice.
Audience: Everyone! All Python experience levels are welcome, and everything is self-paced.
When: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Food: Pizza will be provided by Braintree
Things to bring: a wireless-enabled laptop and power cord.
Need some project ideas? How about:
• The official Python tutorial http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/introduction.html
• How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/
• An introduction to Python through writing games http://inventwithpython.com/chapters/
• Learn Python the Hard Way http://learnpythonthehardway.org/
• If you contribute to an open source project that uses Python and want to help new contributors, let us know in a comment!
• Graphite, awesome monitoring. https://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/latest/overview.html
• Node robots, https://vine.co/v/hw5MVg3YZzW making use of https://github.com/theycallmeswift/BreakfastSerial and some kits from Jason Huggins.
• Want to learn a Python web framework? Check out the Django tutorial. https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/
If you are interested in working on a specific topic, please leave a comment to let us know. Maybe we can find someone in advance who knows the topic!