We had a great time at our Testing with RSpec meetup, where we learned about the importance of automated testing. Now, we are bringing you another meetup on testing with Cucumber (BDD)!
In this meetup, we'll add Cucumber to our testing toolkit and learn how to write tests which describe in plain English how our code should behave. You'll have more opportunities to practice and apply what you learn through guided hands-on exercises. Bring your laptop as we'll be giving out prizes to award participation!
• Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
• Acceptance Testing with Cucumber (Given/When/Then)
• Testing web apps and user interfaces with Capybara
• Basic understanding of Ruby or any other object oriented programming language
• Computer with the Overlord Sinatra app and Cucumber installed - follow these instructions (https://github.com/vconcepcion/level_up_exercises/tree/master/overlord_cucumber#getting-started)
• Passionate about writing quality code
Note: Having attended the Testing with RSpec (Part 1) meetup is not a prerequisite, although those who did may find it helpful.
The meetup will be held at the Enova Chicago office at 175 W Jackson Blvd. Take the elevator across from Sopraffina to the 5th floor and follow the signs.
There will be food (vegan and vegetarian options also available) and drinks provided by Enova.