Last year, Philosophie and Women Who Code created Coding For Product to help new talent from underrepresented groups quickly gain the fundamental skills needed to develop a web application. It was such a success that this year we're bringing it back!
Product For Good is a collaborative project for the non-profit sector in which new talent from underrepresented groups can work hand-in-hand with experienced mentors over a six-week period to deliver a finished web app.
This program is FREE for qualifying participants and non-profits. We will be accepting twenty participants (developers, designers, product strategists) and a maximum of five non-profits. We are also looking for volunteer mentors.
The deadline for participant and non-profit enrollment is August 10. The programs runs from October 6th - November 17th.
- 18 + years old
- Be from an underrepresented group in tech
- Advanced Beginner to Intermediate skill set
- Looking to build up a portfolio
- Nonprofit, government agency, or educational institution
- Headquartered in Los Angeles or committed to remote meetings
- A representative from the organization who can meet on a weekly basis
Please visit Philosophie's site for complete information and links to the application: https://philosophie.is/product-for-good