Free ticket REQUIRED to attend: https://tinyurl.com/honey822
Join us for our monthly mentorship night, a networking mixer where tech industry professionals volunteer to answer your questions and share their wisdom! NON-TECHIES AND TOTAL BEGINNERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! You don't have to work in tech to attend our events.
Honey (https://www.joinhoney.com/) will be hosting our August mentorship night at their awesome office in Hollywood!
We run this event as a collaboration with Women Who Code LA and Learn Teach Code, every month at a different location. :)
What to bring:
- EVENTBRITE TICKET REQUIRED! Get your free ticket here:
- (Optional) Your laptop, if you want to get some hands-on coding help!
- You’ll get the most out of this event if you come prepared with questions to ask! (Anything from career advice, code-specific questions, comparing tools/technologies/languages, advice on learning to code, etc.)
- 7:00pm: Meet and greet time (we're here to meet new people, after all!)
- 7:30pm: Mentors will introduce themselves; community announcements.
- 7:40pm: Break up into small groups to chat with mentors -- and if you brought your laptop, some mentors can help you with your coding questions too!
- 9:00pm: Wrap up
Sign up to be a mentor:
Already working in tech? Want to be a mentor to share your experiences and answer questions from a diverse group of beginners?
Sign up to be a mentor here:
Parking and directions:
- The 7th Street/Metro Center station is just a 6 minute walk away! Super convenient!
- $10 parking in Honey's building at 990 W. 8th St.
- Or $6 parking at 746 S Hope Street, just two blocks away
*** Please go to the first-floor elevator inside the parking lot, and we'll buzz you up to Honey's office on the 6th floor.
Our sponsor and host:
Honey is an online shopping platform that offers us all a smarter way to shop, together.
Delivering a suite of time-and-money saving shopping tools through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of our community of online shoppers. If you look back, you can see how far we’ve come. But if you look forward, you can see we’re a million miles from where we want to be.
Learn more about Honey on their blog!
*** All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct: http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct