Please also make sure to sign up here: https://forms.gle/nEsScnghqwKXjMBJ8
Welcome to another Women Who Code Hangout, a place to connect with amazing people in the tech industry, learn and get inspired.
This is a free format event where we'll occasionally have some talks or other activities, but the main purpose is to network, meet people and, like the name says, hang out!
This time we're excited to partner with Fastly to host this event and we'll have some super special guests to join us:
- Davy Stevenson (https://twitter.com/davystevenson)
- Director of Application Engineering at Fastly Inc. (Portland, Oregon)
- LT topic: Why I would still choose Ruby for highly technical projects
- Tatsuhiko Miyagawa (https://twitter.com/miyagawa)
- Principal Architect at Fastly Inc. (San Francisco, California)
- Software Engineer/Architect for Distributed Systems (Perl, Go, Ruby, C, Python), Blogger and Podcaster
- LT topic: TBD
- Yoshimi Takagi
- Senior Channel Partner Manager at Fastly K.K. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Worked in a bank and a housing company after university. Engaged in PR and marketing for Sler, SW, and HW vendors after 1988 and worked for partner business from 2008 to present.
- Attracted to gaining in an experience of web technology at Fastly and establishing the partner program from scratch and joined Fastly
- LT topic:
- Career development and leading technology in IT industry
- Career development and gender equality in foreign companies
- Importance of life planning
- Culture and work environment of Fastly
We'll also have food & drinks sponsored by Fastly.
18:30 - Check-in
19:00 - Opening remarks
19:10 - LT by Davy Stevenson
19:30 - LT by Tatsuhiko Miyagawa
19:50 - LT by Yoshimi Takagi
20:10 - Hangout & network
21:00 - Wrap-up
📌 Who can join this event?
This event is free and targeted to professional engineers or anyone studying or working in roles related to engineering and technology who identify as women or non-binary. We kindly ask that those who identify as male encourage a female friend or colleague to come with you
This event is for community building and knowledge sharing. We politely ask that recruiters and IT service consultants looking to hire or sell their services do not come to this event.
WWCode Tokyo strives to be an inclusive and safe space. We are a multilingual group, and we welcome anyone interested in the main purpose of the event regardless of nationality, language, gender identity or skill level.
If we identify any form of harassment or inappropriate behavior that does not comply with the event purpose, we will ask you to leave.
Please read our Code of Conduct: https://www.womenwhocode.com/codeofconduct
📌 How to access the event
This meetup will be at the Fastly K.K. office, on the 8F of the Tsao Hibiya building in Shimbashi.
Make sure to RSVP to this event and allow emails from Meetup on your inbox. Attendees will receive a form and sign an NDA. After that you will receive a QR code. **You will need this QR code to enter the Fastly office on the day of the event**
Big thanks to Fastly Japan for providing amazing speakers and sponsoring this event!
Empower your developers, connect with your customers, and grow your business with today’s leading edge cloud platform.
📌 Stay in touch!
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wwcode.tokyo
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wwcode.tokyo