The Geneva meetups from Women in Digital Switzerland and Geek Girls Carrots are celebrating International Women's Day 2019 on Friday, March 8th, hosting a panel discussion, interactive games, and delicious food.
The theme is: Think equal, build smart, innovate for change
18:00 Welcome, drinks & appetizers
18:30 Networking games
19:30 Panel discussion
20:30 More networking and celebration :-)
We will kick off the event with fun networking games, animated by Renigate Saints, a Geneva-based improv theatre group: http://renegadesaints.ch
Our panel discussion focuses on:
* How to motivate girls to choose a career in digital and tech-related fields,
* What opportunities and challenges women face in a predominantly male industry here in Switzerland,
* How to increase the visibility and leadership of women in this field.
To the panel, we invited 5 extraordinary women working in the field:
* Véronique Glaude, Radiocommunication Engineer at ITU
* Imai Jen-La Plante, Big Data Specialist at Presence Switzerland and Board Member, Head of Strategy & PR at Internet Society
* Sina Rueger, Data analyst, Postdoctoral Researcher at EPFL and R-Ladies Lausanne co-organizer
* Hannah Short, Computer Engineer working in Trust, Identity and Security at CERN
* Ellen Walker, Human Rights lawyer, founder of RightsTech Women
The panel will be moderated by Susanna Pak, Multimedia Producer/Writer at International Trade Centre.
Wear something purple and join us build a stronger community of like-minded women (and men!) here in Swiss Romande. #BalanceForBetter
This is a free event!
We'll meet at the SDG Solution Space, which is located on the ground floor of Campus Biotech Innovation Park. It's not the main Campus Biotech building! Make sure you know the address: Avenue de Sécheron 15. You need a badge to enter the building, so we'll let you in. In case you're late, just knock on the window :)