Hi everyone, I recently presented this talk to the Women in Product Sydney group, and would love to share it with you all in Melbourne to kick off our first meet up - followed by a wine where we can all get to know each other better.
This talk is a bit of my own story, a little tale if you like, about my own love hate relationship with having a vagina and other quirks throughout my career in leadership and technology.
We'll follow the talk with a Panel featuring some amazing Women in product who will also share their stories and answer open questions from the floor.
My story focuses on things like:
- What it's like being the ‘only one’ in the room, and how to not lose your sense of self when your human need to belong is so strong.
- Whether or not it’s ok to cry at work and what to do about it when it inevitably happens.
- Why we need to get over whether or not it’s appropriate to use words such as ‘girls’ or ‘guys’.
- Why how much of our own reality is shaped by our own perceptions and what we can do about it
- Why we need to stop blaming our vaginas, penises, cultural background, weird brain or personality quirk for everything that goes wrong, and;
- how we can all build resilience, be our best selfs and just get on with having an amazing life and career.
Hope to see you there!