WNYC's New Tech City comes to The Greene Space for a dynamic conversation about career, family and technology.
Join us as we assess how the digital age is upending the work-life balance debate with the women behind NY Tech MeetUp, The White House Project, Percolate and Work+Life Fit, Inc. Be part of the discussion while networking with other tech professionals and digital-savvy New Yorkers.
Learn more and get tickets here...
Over the past six months, the discourse has reignited over whether women can "have it all." Anne-Marie Slaughter's much-debated article in The Atlantic, the discussion over Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer's ability to lead while parenting her first child, Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg's insistence that young women "lean in" to their careers — all have collectively touched a nerve. Some believe that telecommuting and "work-flex" are the answers to gender discrimination in the office. Others see a dim future for workplace equality without more support from the government and a cultural shift in professions known for having a "glass ceiling." Moderated by the host of WNYC's New Tech City, Manoush Zomorodi, the event will explore a range of questions:
* Have digital tools ushered in a new era of workplace flexibility?
* Is New York's booming tech scene leading the way for gender equality and female entrepreneurship?
* Should we — especially women — embrace or battle the disappearing boundaries between our personal and professional lives?
* Are digital benefits limited to upper middle class professionals or will technological shifts eventually help all Americans find balance?
* Has the digital age permanently upended the work-life balance?