Meetup says: "Find Your People." We are looking for Women who are enjoyable and fun to be around. Our group targets a Specific Kind of Woman. She listens with compassion, and is sensitive to others during conversation. She picks up on social cues, and tries to listen as much as she talks. She keeps her word and is not selfish. She thinks of others before herself, and she has good character.
Our group has some ladies who are athletic, and some who are trying to stay active and healthy by walking. We enjoy doing fun and active things together. We like to go on hikes and walk trails for exercise and plan social gatherings. We like to drink wine in Moderation, and have dinner.
We do not allow activists to be a part of this group. We do not take political sides. We do not talk about political candidates or insult the other side. We show respect no matter how much we dislike a candidate or political viewpoint. We do not dominate conversations. We are Moderately Conservative, not ultra-conservative. We understand there are many political viewpoints, but we try not to stereotype anyone. We are home makers, retired, and working women, who just want to get out with some NORMAL friends and have FUN.
It is $10 a year to be a part of this group. We offer a 2 month free trial period. Try to come to a Meetup during your first two months. If you are a good fit and would like to become a member bring your $10 to a Meetup and let us know you are interested. If your dues are not paid in the two months you will be removed from the group membership. Your leader's credit card is charged $90 every six months for the group. Your $10 annual dues are used to pay the cost.
Our group rules:
1. Try to give a few hours notice if you have to cancel an RSVP.
2. Please be on time! We allow 10 minutes for everyone to arrive and then we hike.
3. We do not talk about politics or religion (too controversial). Life experience with religion is ok. We don't allow activists who can't keep it to themselves to be a part of this group. If controversial topics and current events come up be BRIEF and RESPECTFUL and please don't insult others.
4. We have some Hikes for Advanced Hikers who can walk at an Athletic Pace for many miles, and some walks for beginners and average walkers. Please do not sign up for a hike that you cannot handle. It is unfair to the rest of the group to have to keep stopping and walking slowly on a long hike for one person who is not physically fit.
5. Please do not ask to bring pets unless we specify it on the Meetup.
6. Please do not ask to bring your kids along. This is an adult group.
7. Anyone who is rude, disruptive, or disrespectful to the group will be warned, and can be dropped from the group if we see they are causing problems. We have to protect our group and keep it pleasant for everyone.