Earth Day GreenUp
The Great American Cleanup, which takes place annually between March and May, is the nation's largest community improvement program. Earth Day 2013 marks the third annual community-wide stewardship project for The Woodlands Township. Connect with neighbors and the outdoors by joining (or leading) a cleanup crew bagging trash from streets, pathways and streams. Participants will receive a GreenUp T-shirt, refreshments…and trash bags!
You don’t have to live in The Woodlands to participate, so invite lots of friends!
We can do it as a team more easily if you register online! The online registration deadline is Sun. March 17, but walk-up volunteers will be welcome on Sat. March 23.
The Woodlands Body and Brain has offered to provide Body and Brain or Earth Citizen T-shirts for team participants, so whether or not you are able to register online by 3/17, let us know you'll be joining us!
Online Volunteer Registration
Tell the organizers you’re part of our group!
At Organization drop down, pick ‘Other’ & type Woodlands Body and Brain in the space provided.
At the‘Where (which park) do you prefer to check in?’, pick Grogan’s Mill.
Saturday, March 23, 2013
· Eat breakfast!
· Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes/boots; consider a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent & water
· A few plastic grocery bags may come in handy!
Check-in: 8 a.m. (Grogan’s Mill, SAWMILL PARK, 2200 Millpark Drive)
· Pick up gloves and bags. A limited number of grabbers and vests will be available per group
· Receive map to the clean-up site
GreenUp: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
· Green it up! Plan to spend 60 to 90 minutes at the clean-up site
· Deposit bags & large items at designated sites OR bring bags to the post-GreenUp party
Celebrate: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
· Food and fun at Northshore Park (http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/facilities.aspx?search=1&CID=7&RID=112&Page=detail) (2505 Lake Woodlands Dr)
· GreenUp T-shirt pick-up and free pizza for GreenUp participants; pizza for sale to general public
· Music by Vocal Trash