addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

WordPress Chapel Hill Message Board › Reminder: WordPress Chapel Hill Meetup - Anyone coming from Cary/Apex area?

Reminder: WordPress Chapel Hill Meetup - Anyone coming from Cary/Apex area?

Anthony Z.
tonyzeoli
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Hi everyone:

Just a quick thanks to everyone who's registered so far. We've got 13 confirmed registrants out of the 36 members on the list. If you're not able to attend, please let us know by checking that option off on Meetup invite.

Also, the mailing list is open. I'd love to get the conversation started through the Meetup tools. You can send to WordPress-Chapel-Hill-list@meetup.com­ using the email you registered with. Just hit reply and your email will go into the threaded discussion in the forum.

We're excited about Saturday. Steve Mortiboy will be joining us from Semper Fi Web Design to discuss WordPress security. Why is that important? When you install WordPress yourself, there are a few things you need to do to ensure that your site isn't compromised by nefarious intruders or spam "bots." Steve will give an overview of what you'll need to do to ensure that your WordPress install is safe.

Mike Taylor will be on hand for the Plugins presentation to give an overview of 180Create, a really incredible plug-in that allows WordPress owners to share content across WordPress sites, while instituting a payments process so blog authors can get paid for their content.

We're hoping that Michael Tolbert, also from Semper Fi and author of the All In One SEO plugin (as well as WP Security Scan), will be joining us. We haven't confirmed him just yet, but we're hoping he'll be on board as well.

I'll be doing a lot of talking during the other presentations, which are posted on the event page here:

http://www.meetup.com/WordPress-Chapel-Hill/events/15635109/­

I'm going to cover the incredible Edit Flow and Assignment Desk plugins and much, much more. I'll also be going over how reesenews implemented a WordPress network and show you all the inner working of that install, complete with domain mapping.

I know that it's going to be a long day. 10 am to 5 pm. This is very ambitious for a first meetup with 14 confirmed attendees. I'd like to ask that if you haven't registered yet, please do so on the web site. There is a $10 fee for registration, which goes to pay Meetup costs and for healthy snacks and healthy beverages from Whole Foods during the 45 minute break.

I really would love to hear from you about what you would like to get out of this event and ideas for future WP Chapel Hill meetups.

If you need to text me or reach me by phone, please feel free to contact me at 917-705-4700.

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!