addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

WordPress Lancaster Message Board › Favorite WordPress Plugins

Favorite WordPress Plugins

George S.
GeorgeStephanis
Lancaster, PA
Post #: 2
As I saw someone posted it as a question for discussion, here goes ... what plugins do you use frequently and recommend to others for various tasks?

Personally, when it comes to building a contact form or the like, I ALWAYS use and recommend GravityForms. They're just amazing for developers and novices alike. It's easy to use from a UI standpoint, and it's easy to extend from a development perspective.

Shopping Cart-wise, I typically recommend Cart66 if the client wants WordPress. It's easily integratable into nearly any theme, and gives you much more control over the front-end and how your content displays. It doesn't try to do everything for you, it gives you the tools so you can make whatever awesome front-end you want.
A former member
Post #: 1
Good day:

Ditto on Gravity Forms.

Five WordPress plugins for a better site is what we shared recently on our blog.

Others include as follows:

Akismet - does help with spam reduction
Broken Link Checker
Facebook Tab Manager - for Facebook integration
Google XML Sitemaps
Login Lock
Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu
WP Smush.it

BTW, I really enjoy Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu in terms of making the dashboard easier to use.

Thank you.
George S.
GeorgeStephanis
Lancaster, PA
Post #: 3
With the 3.3 changes to the adminbar (thing across the very top of your screen), I don't really see much of an advantage to adding another horizontal menu in. You could just extend it and add any extra buttons you like to the existing adminbar easily enough. Besides, with plugins adding menu items it can get a bit problematic if entries keep getting shoved in willy-nilly. Just my 2c anyways.