This is the third in a new and hopefully ongoing series of monthly meetups - a chance for anyone interested in making and using WordPress to meet like-minded people for some informal and friendly discussion.
1) Refreshments and informal chat/networking
2) Opening remarks and WordPress news
3) ## Discussion: "Content Matters" ##
A website isn't much without its content, whether that content is published by the site owner or generated by users. We will be discussing what a 'content first' approach to building a WordPress site might look like at different stages and for different types of WordPress user:
- Types of content (text, images, video, audio) and different ways of serving it (YouTube, Vimeo, cloud storage etc.).
- How to plan and create appropriate content for your website.
- How to choose or design themes to put your content centre stage.
- How to structure content in WordPress though post types, widgets, metaboxes (and, very soon, blocks).
Bringing a laptop or tablet to this meetup is optional. If you do, you can share online resources, make notes and maybe even spin up a WP site during the discussion to test something out.
This meetup is sponsored by local design and marketing agency, Creative Sponge. I will be looking for additional sponsors in future so please let me know if you're interested.