ROOM 5412 - Winter Garden
WordPress has transitioned from being blogging software into being software that can be used to power just about any type of website from ecommerce to classified ad, membership and everything in between. In the past, finding and customizing a plugin and/or writing custom plugins would be required to add in the extra features.
However, WordPress Toolset makes this easier by offering plugins that work together to let you quickly create custom web applications. In this presentation we'll cover:
• An overview of WordPress Toolset
• Using their Types plugin to create custom post types for an application
• Using their Views plugin to use HTML and shortcodes to customize how the custom post type data is shown on the front of the site
• Using their Layouts plugin to perform drag and drop editing of Bootstrap based themes
• Using their Access plugin to limit access to content based on user role so different content can be shown to logged in users than website visitors (for example)
• Using their CRED plugin to allow website users to create WordPress posts of a specified custom post type right from the front of the website
• How all of these plugins work together to make creating a web application quick and easy
Watch as a web application is created from start to finish demonstrating the use of these plugins and how they work together.
PRESENTED BY: John Cook
OPENING PRESENTATION: How to Use WordPress to Prepare to Get Your Book Published
Every writer writes a book with the intention to publish it, whether it’s fiction, non-fiction or a children’s book. However, understanding what it takes to actually write and publish it, get your book out into the marketplace, and attract attention and/or grow your sales can seem like a mystery of its own. In this presentation, you will learn how to leverage WordPress to
prepare for publishing your book and master the art of writing and publishing your book!
Expect to learn:
• Proven techniques to use Wordpress to prepare to get your book published.
• The basics for writing effective books that sell.
• The secret to using your book as your “hook” in your industry, business, organization, project or career.
• Top strategies to leverage your book for various audiences, opportunities and markets.
Presented by: Jennifer S. Wilkov
GET ONE-ON-ONE ASSISTANCE AT OUR HELP DESK:
Our experts will be available throughout the evening to help you with your WordPress issues and answer your questions.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS:
John Cook is the owner of Adapt WP, LLC (http://adaptwp.com/) where he develops websites and mobile phone apps for clients. He has been using WordPress since 2006 and enjoys creating video tutorials, writing books, and speaking about WordPress to share his knowledge with the WordPress community.
Jennifer S. Wilkov (http://www.yourbookisyourhook.com/) is a #1 international best-selling award-winning author, an award-winning freelance writer, a media personality and executive producer, the Literary Agent Matchmaker™ and a respected book & business consultant in her business called “Your Book Is Your Hook!” She is also a blogger for books for the Huffington Post, and a columnist for the award-winning magazine PUBLISHED and Book Marketing Magazine.