Join us for this WordPress workshop aimed at beginners with little or no experience with WordPress.
This workshop provides a full introduction to using WordPress for creating websites. Bring your computer to participate in this exercise-driven workshop. You will learn
- What WordPress is, and its place in web publishing
- The difference between a site on WordPress.com and hosting a WordPress site elsewhere
- How to choose a web host for WordPress
- How to install WordPress
- WordPress content types: posts and pages
- Organizing content with categories and tags
- User management
- Choosing a theme to restyle your site
- Installing plugins to add functionality to a site
- Useful plugins for a good base experience
- Updating WordPress
We'll have coffee and bagels.
The workshop will be led by Eric Lewis, web developer at The New York Times and WordPress guest committer.