🗣 Dan Maby - Mental Health in the WordPress Community.
Let’s have an honest discussion about the challenges of running your WordPress business. Building your own business, no matter what size, can be one of the most rewarding, satisfying and freeing experiences you’ve ever encountered. It can also be one of the most terrifying, isolating and lonely roads to take.
Having successfully started, developed and sold businesses, Dan has first-hand experience of both the positive and negative impacts on his mental health.
Dan will talk candidly about some of his experiences and giving you some insight into his decision to launch the charity: WP&UP.
WP&UP supports & promotes positive mental health within the WordPress community.
Dan is a director at Blue 37 – a WordPress specialist agency. He’s also the founder & trustee of WP&UP – a charity that supports & promotes positive mental health within the WordPress community.
You’ll find him organising WordCamps and Meetups throughout the UK. He thrives on business development and project management, as well as having a passion for seeing success within others.
🍕Catchup with the WordPress community in Brighton, fuelled by drinks and pizza courtesy of our lovely sponsors 34sp & Pragmatic!
- 6.30pm - 7.00pm - Welcome and Networking.
- 7.00pm - Talk begins.
- 7.30pm - Pizza, Drinks and Networking.
- 8.45pm - Start leaving the venue and if anyone wants to continue the chat and informal networking, head to 'Seven Stars' pub on Ship St.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements when you RSVP.
🏢 VENUE SPONSOR: Pragmatic
Pragmatic, Chandos House, 26 North Street, Brighton, BN1 1EB
- Main entrance on Meeting House Lane across from Riddle & Finns. Please ring the 3rd-floor buzzer and someone will let you in. Once inside head up to the 3rd floor.
🤔 OTHER INFO:
- alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available.
- find us on Twitter @WordUpBrighton (#WordUpBTN) or join us on Slack, in the channel #wordup-brighton.
Do you have a topic for the WordPress Brighton Meetup that you would like to help arrange or could possibly speak at? Get in touch, we'd be delighted to hear from you.