addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

WordPress Bay Area Foothills Group Message Board › May meeting - your favorite plugin

May meeting - your favorite plugin

Lou Anne M.
BeFound
Group Organizer
Castro Valley, CA
Post #: 12
We'll be discussing those must have plugins and why you like them at our next meeting.

Using this message board, post the plugins you like to use each time you build a site or for specific reasons. Like your favorite event calendar or facebook connect.

Thanks and see you in a few weeks,
Lou Anne
Lou Anne M.
BeFound
Group Organizer
Castro Valley, CA
Post #: 13
Backup Buddy
Easy theme and plugin updates
folding category widget
google sitemap generator
wp recaptcha
google analytics
gravity forms
lightbox plus
server buddy
tinymce-advanced
efficient related posts

David B.
user 12830494
Milpitas, CA
Post #: 1
Given that I am not a developer I do not have a "standard" install but below here are my preferred plugins.

Broken Link Checker - very effective

Redirection - Makes it pretty easy to change urls on the site and not lose search traffic.

MapPress Easy Google Maps - best program for inserting Google maps into a page or post.

Search Meter - Provides details on what people put into your site search box. Surprised me to find out what people were searching for and provided insights on keywords and content changes.

WP Web Scraper - Cryptic and not well documented but very effective if you need to (legally) scrape content from another site.

Secure Wordpress - Put it in a year ago and am not sure if it is still needed or the best anymore.

Like Lou Anne I use Backupbuddy and Google analytics

I use Google xml sitemap instead of Google sitemap generator but not sure what the difference is

Lou Anne M.
BeFound
Group Organizer
Castro Valley, CA
Post #: 14
Lou Anne M.
BeFound
Group Organizer
Castro Valley, CA
Post #: 15