Worldwide Environment | DC Message Board › ACORE is hiring a Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships
|A former member||
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships
LOCATION: Washington, DC
Founded in 2001, the American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE) is an organization of member companies and institutions that are dedicated to moving renewable energy into the mainstream of America’s economy, ensuring the success of the renewable energy industry while helping to build a sustainable and independent energy future for the nation. Since 2003, ACORE has convened conferences in New York and Washington DC, focusing on three major areas that shape and advance renewable energy innovation and development in America: policy, markets, and finance. Through these conferences, research, and publications, ACORE serves as a forum for its diverse member base to share information and to collaborate in contributing to the success of the renewable energy industry. For more information, please visit www.acore.org.
ACORE is currently seeking an experienced and driven Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships to lead fundraising efforts for this entrepreneurial, growth-oriented organization. With primary responsibility for building and driving ACORE’s comprehensive development strategy, the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships will work to increase ACORE’s visibility and financial sustainability through foundation and corporate grants, government relations and major gifts. Reporting directly to the President and working closely with the Senior Vice President of Policy and Government Relationships, the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships will cultivate and manage relationships to meet the ambitious goals of building and growing ACORE’s development function and furthering the organization’s mission and vision.
• Collaborate with the President and Senior Vice President of Policy and Government Relationships to build and implement a comprehensive and innovative fundraising program including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for both foundation, corporate, government and individual funders
• Lead and manage all grant and proposal writing including researching potential foundation funding opportunities, drafting and editing all correspondence and materials, and reporting on awarded grants
• Research and identify new sources of individual gifts compatible with the organization’s mission and programming
• Steward relationships with existing partners, securing and coordinating pertinent information and meetings, and develop effective relationships with potential new supporters
• Conceptualize, plan, write, edit, steward and report on grant proposals to achieve budget goals
• Strategically leverage the time of the President and other senior leaders to support aggressive fundraising targets, including developing the capacity of the Board to support development goals
• Significant demonstrated success raising funds and increasing the visibility of entrepreneurial, nonprofit organizations
• Experience leading all fundraising efforts independently while building an organization’s development function
• Substantial experience designing and implementing comprehensive fundraising plans and cultivating relationships for all funding streams including national and family foundations, corporations, government relations and high net worth individuals, with a successful track record of raising at least $2M+ annually
• Passionate commitment to ACORE’s mission, vision and strategic direction
• Strong belief in and understanding of the renewable energy sector; experience and knowledge of renewable energy strongly preferred
• Superior writing skills with acute attention to detail and experience producing high quality grant and funding proposals
• Exceptional communication skills; articulate, with proven ability to speak persuasively and an ability to listen to and learn from others with a sense of inquisitiveness
• Capability to thrive and take initiative in a success-driven environment with a commitment to producing work of the highest quality
• Ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment
• Ability to make decisions independently combined with an ability to work collaboratively
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
ACORE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format and addressed to Mike Eckhart at http://jobs.cgcareers.... Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Commongood Careers: ACORE has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships. Commongood Careers is a nonprofit search service that connects talented individuals to organizations that are dedicated to creating positive social change. Founded and staffed by nonprofit professionals, Commongood Careers offers personalized, engaged services to jobseekers and organizations throughout the hiring process, as well as access to a wealth of knowledge about nonprofit careers. Learn more about nonprofit jobs at Commongood Careers.