WHAT TO EXPECT
I will bring name/genre tags, so we can skip introductions after the first meeting and get to the critiquing! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves if they'd like.
** If you don't want to read, you don't have to. If you'd like someone else to read your work, just ask.**
UPLOADING YOUR WORK
If you would like to read at a meeting, please bring physical copies or add your name and work to this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ghUjxxAMNo6fn3jsKIARzD8w-6cO7B95qeKAcVkldM/edit?usp=sharing
To read the running stories created or start a message board, go here:
* The meeting space has very good air conditioning. Bring a sweater or jacket if you think you will need it.
6:30 - 6:35 pm Lightning running story. Each person will, quickly, add a line to a story. I'll upload the full thing to meetup, later. Let's aim for funny, sarcastic, and creative. ;)
6:35 - 8:40 pm Critique. After an hour of critiquing, there will be a five-minute break and then another hour of critiquing. Readers will be chosen randomly.
8:40 - 8:55 pm Free or prompted writing (TBD)
8:55 - 9:00pm Chat/Goodbye
WHAT TO BRING
- Copies of 1,500 words (maximum) from an edited piece of work (or 10 minutes of reading).
- Pens, pencils, paper.
- Thoughtful critiques, not just "I liked it.".
- A donation of $1.00 would be great. Hosting a meetup is not free
- Your creativity, humor, and passion (mandatory).
- Each writer will get 10 minutes of critique.
- Specify if you'd like feedback on certain elements or a general critique.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
- Email ([masked])
- Twitter (@ashanauthor)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Disrespect (this won't be tolerated in any form and you will be removed from the group).
Lively and intelligent debates are encouraged, but remember to act in a mature manner.
All right, that's done, let's have some fun! :)