Whether you're brand new to yoga and just starting out or you've had a regular practice for some time and want to refresh on the core concepts and fundamentals, this class meets you where you are and is accessible at any level. We'll move at a bit slower and more mindful pace as we work on building strength, flexibility, balance, joint mobility, proper healthy alignment and cultivate self-awareness through our breath and body.
PLEASE, arrive at least 10min (15min on the weekends) PRIOR to class to find parking if you're driving, to walk to the class site (it's a longer walk to the beach on the weekends) & to set up your mat! THANK YOU!
Questions? Message Instructor listed to teach this class via meetup OR Email: [masked] OR text Marketa[masked]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Where are the YbtS Classes held?
All YbtS Classes are held in OXNARD BEACH PARK in the NW corner of the park. Please, follow these directions to find our two locations: From Harbor Blvd, turn on Oceanaire St all the way to Mandalay Beach Rd, Left on Mandalay Beach Rd, find us on the grass during week and on the beach on the weekends or holidays.
2. What is the cost of YbtS Classes?
All YbtS Classes are DONATION BASED, which makes them affordable to EVERYONE, you're invited to practice GRATITUDE and work on your KARMA! While donating, please, consider that your contributions are the only financial compensation for YbtS instructors’ time & effort, and YbtS classes are in most cases their only source of income.
3. What is the difficulty of YbtS Classes?
All classes are designed for ALL LEVEL YOGIS with the option of modifying and resting anytime during the class. We encourage members to listen to their body and do only what feels right! Please, inform YbtS instructors prior to each class whether you have any injuries or medical problems or if you're expecting mom so proper modification can be offered.
4. Do I need to register or sign up for a class?
We encourage ALL ATTENDEES to RSVP on YOGA by the SEA Meetup to get notifications about classes updates, however even if you don't RSVP you are welcome to join YbtS classes whenever your schedule allows! NEW STUDENTS will be asked to fill out one time release form (you can view the form & even print it from meetup website http://files.meetup.com/1683075/YOGA%20by%20the%20SEA%20Agreement%20of%20Release%20and%20Waiver%20of%20Liability%20For.pdf or you can fill it out at the class site).
5. What to bring to a class? * Yoga mat (or 2 mats for better stability, specially on the sand) * Large towel/ bed sheet to keep moisture/sand away * Yoga props (if you own yoga block, strap, bolster, etc) * Dress in comfortable clothes & layers (on hot days bring a hat & water; on cold days warm layers, even warm hat & gloves, socks!)
6. Can I bring my child with me to a class?
YES, we love yogis of all ages joining our sessions as long as they are supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
7. Can I bring my dog with me to a class?
YES, it's the beauty of practicing outdoors ...we love furry friends joining our group as long as they remain supervised by their owner at all times.
8. When are classes cancelled and how do I find out?
Classes are cancelled only during heavy rains or strong winds as YbtS instructors are committed to guide you through various experiences what Mother Nature stores for us! Any class updates/cancellations are posted on YbtS meetup website & YbtS Facebook/Instagram.
9. How do I stay informed about class schedule & special events? You can subscribe to a once-a-week YbtS Newsletter that will provide you with a two week class schedule, special events announcements, photos, yoga quotes and inspiring articles. Subscribe to weekly YOGA by the SEA Newsletter HERE: https://meetup.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=160158ff5d0da6f76a7366661&id=e8704b2a66 ! FYI: Last minute updates and changes will be posted on the YbtS Meetup/Facebook.