T'ai Chi Chih®, Joy thru Movement is a modern, moving meditation practice that is simple, easy to learn, and has profound benefits for the mind, body, and spirit. The purpose of TCC is to activate, circulate, and balance our intrinsic energy, called Chi or Qi, for inner peace, physical and emotional healing, and spiritual growth.
Questions? Message Instructor listed to teach this class via meetup OR Email: [masked] OR Call/text Marketa[masked]
Accredited instructors Lisa Otero and Tish Jaramillo will alternate teaching the Sunday TCC class at the Oxnard Beach Park. Generally, Tish will teach on the 1st & 3rd Sunday and Lisa on the 2nd & 4th Sunday.
T'ai Chi Chih is a set form, practiced the same way regardless of who is teaching. Learn at your own pace by attending practice sessions as often as you can and following along with your accredited instructor. All accredited instructors go through the same rigorous training and accreditation and participate in continuing education. You can attend any class taught by an accredited instructor and be assured that what is being offered is T'ai Chi Chih®.
To learn more about T'ai Chi Chih®, check out the official website: www.taichichih.org (http://www.taichichih.org/) or find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/taichichih and http://www.facebook.com/taichichihventuracountyca.
There is no set charge to attend the practice sessions; please pay what the class is worth to you. Your donation is an opportunity to express your gratitude: for the practice, for your your teacher, for all the abundance in your life. Donations are gratefully accepted and appreciated by your instructor.
PLEASE arrive a couple of minutes early if you are new to Yoga by the Sea, so you can meet the instructor before practice begins.
Be prepared for changes in the weather. No special equipment necessary. Wear comfortable clothing. In cool-weather months, please dress in layers, including hats, gloves, and scarves. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat with a visor are recommended year-round. Some people like to practice barefoot (or wearing socks) on the grass; others prefer flexible-sole, supportive shoes; either is fine (flip-flops are not recommended.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Where are the YbtS Classes held?
All YbtS Classes are held in OXNARD BEACH PARK in the NW corner of the park. Please, follow these directions to find our two locations: From Harbor Blvd, turn on Oceanaire St all the way to Mandalay Beach Rd, Left on Mandalay Beach Rd, find us on the grass during week and on the beach on the weekends or holidays.
2. What is the cost of YbtS Classes?
All YbtS Classes are DONATION BASED, which makes them affordable to EVERYONE, you're invited to practice GRATITUDE and work on your KARMA! While donating, please, consider that your contributions are the only financial compensation for YbtS instructors’ time & effort, and YbtS classes are in most cases their only source of income.
3. What is the difficulty of YbtS Classes?
All classes are designed for ALL LEVEL YOGIS with the option of modifying and resting anytime during the class. We encourage members to listen to their body and do only what feels right! Please, inform YbtS instructors prior to each class whether you have any injuries or medical problems or if you're expecting mom so proper modification can be offered.
4. Do I need to register or sign up for a class?
We encourage ALL ATTENDEES to RSVP on YOGA by the SEA Meetup to get notifications about classes updates, however even if you don't RSVP you are welcome to join YbtS classes whenever your schedule allows! NEW STUDENTS will be asked to fill out one time release form (you can view the form & even print it from meetup website http://files.meetup.com/1683075/YOGA%20by%20the%20SEA%20Agreement%20of%20Release%20and%20Waiver%20of%20Liability%20For.pdf or you can fill it out at the class site).
5. What to bring to a class? * Yoga mat (or 2 mats for better stability, specially on the sand) * Large towel/ bed sheet to keep moisture/sand away * Yoga props (if you own yoga block, strap, bolster, etc) * Dress in comfortable clothes & layers (on hot days bring a hat & water; on cold days warm layers, even warm hat & gloves, socks!)
6. Can I bring my child with me to a class?
YES, we love yogis of all ages joining our sessions as long as they are supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
7. Can I bring my dog with me to a class?
YES, it's the beauty of practicing outdoors ...we love furry friends joining our group as long as they remain supervised by their owner at all times.
8. When are classes cancelled and how do I find out?
Classes are cancelled only during heavy rains or strong winds as YbtS instructors are committed to guide you through various experiences what Mother Nature stores for us! Any class updates/cancellations are posted on YbtS meetup website & YbtS Facebook/Instagram.
9. How do I stay informed about class schedule & special events? You can subscribe to a once-a-week YbtS Newsletter that will provide you with a two week class schedule, special events announcements, photos, yoga quotes and inspiring articles. Subscribe to weekly YOGA by the SEA Newsletter HERE: https://meetup.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=160158ff5d0da6f76a7366661&id=e8704b2a66 ! FYI: Last minute updates and changes will be posted on the YbtS Meetup/Facebook.