What we're about
We are a social group open to all gay / lesbian / bi / trans people ages 18-35. We meet Fridays at the Pride Center in Wilton Manors from 8:30-9:45pm. Meetings start with a discussion on current events followed by introductions and then a group activity. Our group activities vary a bit, but are generally things like playing board games, charades, or even throwing around a Frisbee outside. After our group meeting, we go out to eat. We also meet up a few times a month to do outside activities like bowling, laser tag, tennis, etc The Pride Center is located at - 2040 N. Dixie Hwy, Wilton Manors, FL 33305 That is about 1.5 miles south of Oakland Park Blvd on Dixie Hwy, about a quarter mile south of the "5 Points" shopping center. The group is a good way to meet new people and have some fun. If interested feel free to stop on by and join us anytime !! Its free :)
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
1. Are you guys strict about the age policy ?
- Yes, while we never kick people out of the group who have aged pass our age limit, we do not allow new members over 35.
2. Is there a meeting this week ?
- There is a meeting EVERY WEEK. The Meetup.org structure isn't great at advertising weekly meetings, but yes - unless Friday night is a holiday, there will be a meeting.
3. What kind of people go to the meetings (age,sex) ?
Our average age is 29. The group is open to all, but it is mostly male, the membership of this meetup group online is mostly female, so why mostly men come weekly is a bit strange. It would be nice if more women came and joined us .....
4. How big are the meetings ?
Average group size is 8-12 at most meetings.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail.