About Young At Heart Singles
We are a lively, active Tampa-based social group for singles age 55 and up. We get together for fun and friendship with a variety of indoor and outdoor events. However, this is not a dating club. We do dinners, happy hour, dancing, movies, hikes, picnics, kayaking, theater, to name a few activities. Our organizers are members who volunteer their time and energy to try to make fun happen for everyone. Members are encouraged to suggest events relating to their own hobbies and interests.
· 55 and up.
· Recognizable photo of yourself.
· Follow Policies.
The events are primarily in the Tampa area. Members who live farther away can offer to plan and host an event in their area where they are familiar with the opportunities. The organizers will help set it up.
At each event, we pass the hat for a $1 donation. This covers the costs of the web site, name tags, rentals for events, etc. Organizers, Hosts, and Helpers all donate their time; they do not receive any compensation.
RSVP Policy: Change your RSVP “yes” to a "no" as soon as you find you cannot attend an event that you previously RSVP’d “yes”. No Shows will be recorded.
(It is NOT necessary to RSVP "no" initially if you do not plan to come.)
Appropriate Conduct Policy: Conduct yourself appropriately within the spirit of the group.
· Post a recognizable photo of yourself.
· Click on Join Us.
· Agree to Follow the Policies.
· Answer the Profile Questions.
Helpful hints and thoughts to consider:
· The best time to mingle and meet many people at a dinner event is during happy hour. Once you are seated for dinner, you will only be able to visit with the people seated closest to you. But feel free to move around and visit other tables once you’re done with your meal.
Dinner events are always well attended and when there is so much lively conversation among so many lively, interesting people, it gets very noisy. If you are hoping for quiet conversations in subdued settings, watch for one of the smaller event opportunities.
· Consider suggesting a meetup idea that relates to your own interests or hobbies. Whether it’s brunch, bowling, a concert, or a hike, new friends are just waiting to join you and share your interests.
To remain an active member, you must attend at least 1 event within the first 60 days.
· If you RSVP “YES” for a meet up but find you cannot attend, go back to the website and change your RSVP to "NO". Your host will need to know what to expect to be able to plan and conduct events well. Do not RSVP as a NO otherwise.
· Positive feedback and good ideas are welcome and should be offered in the positive, good will spirit of this group and with consideration for the volunteers who give their own time and energy to create fun opportunities for all of us. Negative, unkind comment is not useful or tolerated.
· Appropriate Conduct is expected. This is a very broad subject, but everyone should know how to behave. Some examples: Be courteous to members and staff at events and online. Pay your checks fairly and tip staff fairly. This is not a dating club and should not be treated as such.
· Appropriate Events. Events should not be set up for personal gain or advertizing.