Dražen here – I'm helping Anna with the organisation a bit.
Anyway, hope you had a nice relaxing summer and are off to a productive autumn start :) To get those entrepreneurial ideas going, it's time for another Zagreb Freelancers Meetup – After-Summer Edition and this time also a part of the European Freelancers Week #EFWeek (http://freelancersweek.org/)!
The date and place are set – the people at BIZkoshnica Coworking space ( http://bizkoshnica.biz/en/ ) have kindly agreed to host the event. This should make planning attendance easier. The meetup is a few days after WebCamp ZG, so we'll have a chance to rest, gather our impressions and talk about the takeaways a bit.
I've come up with a main topic of the evening for our round table discussion, but you are of course always welcome to bring up some other particular topics and/or issues you have, which we'll try to include as well.
Main topic… 🥁 … Administrative aspects of running a freelance business from Croatia!
• where and how did you incorporate?
• what company form did you select and what are the advantages/disadvantages?
• if you've incorporated abroad, how are you handling your salary, taxes, social insurance etc. in Croatia?
• have you tried services like Stripe Atlas ( https://stripe.com/atlas ) or Estonia's e-Residency ( https://e-resident.gov.ee/ )?
• other tips & tricks for running your lean freelance business like a boss 😎
I think this is one of those topics that's always interesting to kick off discussions – both for people who are just starting with freelancing and have a gazillion questions and for long-time freelancers who are interested in growth and hiring people, so are maybe exploring new possibilities.
See you soon!
Also, reiterating what Anna already wrote in the discussion – you probably know Matija Raos, a member of this group and someone who has done a lot for freelancers in Croatia. Well, now he needs our help – see more here: