Getting traffic to your website with SEO has been historically a case of good site optimization and the process of getting links from other sites on the Internet. But Google's strategies the last couple of years, and especially with all of Google's most recent changes -- including Hummingbird and Penguin 2.1 -- have been designed to root out some of the spammy link building methods that still seemed to work. Many site have plummeted in rankings and others have disappeared altogether. Competitors can even target each other for negative SEO, prompting Google to introduce ways to disavow toxic links!
Regardless, Link building is not going away by any means; it's simply evolving for the better, bit by bit. And the process now encompasses sharing of content in Social Media, buzz building with Social Influencers, and online media relations.
In this meetup we will discuss some of the tactics that still work and discuss the tools and resources that are available for research and implementation of best practices in link building. These include:
• Link Research Tools for discovering and fixing toxic links
• Balancing links to achieve natural link profiles
• Discovery of quality link opportunities
• Building shareworthy content and getting it shared
• Getting online media attention
• Competitive research for where they get links
• Internal Linkbuilding
• Sources of link ideas