UPDATE FRIDAY, 5th of APRIL:
Here some updates on this Sunday's Snowshoe Hike:
- Train is reserved. I will buy enough group tickets for everyone that needs one.
Our reserved train back is
16:13 Hospental to Göschenen16:42
17:08 Göschenen to ArthGoldau 18:06
18:10 Arth-Goldau to Zürich HB 18:49
- Route is open and good to go. Avalanche risk is 2 on a scale from 1 to 5, most likely in altitudes above 2200 m, hence much higher than where we would go.
- Weather looks dry in Andermatt, cloudy with some possible sunshine....at least MUCH better than the forecast in Zürich!
- Depending on the situation and number of attendees, we will split the group into two: one goes counter-clockwise, and one clockwise. Burr Swisher volunteered to lead the second group.
- Please UPDATE your RSVP in case you changed your mind!
See you then,
As one of the last winter activities of this 2012/2013 season, lets hope we still have some good snow for a good snowshoe hike!
So where is it taking us this time? One of our new members, Burr, has suggested for the hike from Hospenthal to Gotthard....a great idea indeed!
Here the details of the hike:
Duration: 3 hrs
Going up: 260m
Going Down: 260m
Type: round-tour (we end up where we start, but we take a different route back)
Here some more details:
Our train ride:
Zürich HB ab 08:31 Gleis 7 (changes might be possible)
Göschenen an 10:01
Göschenen ab 10:12
Hospenthal an: 10:41
If you miss us on the meeting point, please go directly to the train and catch us there. If you don't find us, give me a call - please don't sent SMS "W r u?" as I am very slow in typing back a whole explanation on where we are - a call is quicker.
To bring along:
- Water (min. 1 Liter)
- Food (Cookies, Snacks, Sandwiches, turkey, etc)
- Sun and Rain and Snow protection (creme, glasses, jackets)
- Extra clothes (after the hike)
- Steady shoes for snowhoeing
- Hiking Poles
*Suggestions on renting Snowshoes:
- Transa in Europaallee next to Zuerich HB: http://www.transa.ch/de/shop-zurich
- Bächli Sport in Oerlikon : http://www.baechli-bergsport.ch/de/Filiale/zuerich.htm
Just to have a good size of a group, I limit the people to 25. If you want to come anyway, please call me.
I will buy Group tickets, hence, when signing up, please let me know if you want to be included and if you have a Halbtax, GA, or "none". It is usually a good idea to be in the groupticket as everyone gets 20% discount plus a reserved seat on train, but it can only consider those that stick with the group from and back to Zürich). Note that those with GA adds to the number of the group to meet the minimum required number to be a group.
I hold the right to cancel the trip due to weather or illness reasons. I'll do my best to let you know as soon as possible. Please look into the website and email for any changes before you head to the meeting point, or at least the night before the event.
Disclaimer: the hike is on your own risk and judgment. The organizer holds no responsibility on any injuries or death that might result directly or indirectly from this event. The organizer does not warrant on the accuracy of the description of the hike. It is your responsibility to assess your condition for this hike. If you are unsure of the hike, make a research on the website. By agreeing to come to this hike, you automatically accept the terms explained above.
Hope to see you then!