Jun 15, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
We hike from Murg to Weesen. It is expected to take 4 hours 30 minutes according to the myswitzerland website; see link below. It will probably take an extra hour for us so we can stop and enjoy the views. The path is listed as medium difficulty, medium grade according to the site.
Here is the agenda:
• Arrive at Murg at 09:12.
o 08:00, meet under the Blue Angel. (I will join later at Wadenswil because I live in Au ZH).
o 08:12, DEPART Zurich HB platform 8.
o 08:57, EXIT train at Ziegelbrucke. I join at 08:32 at Wadenswil.
o 09:02, DEPART Ziegelbrucke platform 7.
o 09:12, EXIT train at Murg.
• Hike: Murg – Erggeli – Geissegg – Walenguflen – Obstalden – Rütegg – Filzbach – Lihn – Weesen. Height difference is 640m. We will break around noon to have lunch, bring your lunch.
• Take the train back to Zurich. Return time might be around 16:30 but could be earlier or later.
Things to bring:
• Rain Jacket
• An understanding of hiking etiquette: http://hiking.meetup.com/161/pages/Etiquette_on_the_Trail/
Things to know about this hike:
• I am not a professional guide.
• I am getting most of my information about this hike from the webpage below.
• You should take into consideration your own ability to hike this distance at an average hiking pace.
• If it is raining like crazy or forecasted to rain I will cancel this the night before.
• There is a possibility I will be travelling for work over this weekend. If so I will need to postpone this hike.