addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
This Meetup is cancelled

Schwiezer Passwanderung - overnight Passo di Cavanna

  • to

  • No location was chosen

  • With clear weather this weekend, this should be fun. This overnight hike will take us over 3 passes, 2 peaks (weather permitting), Rongergrat, 1 Stausee, and 1 glacial lake. The modest price - some technical difficulty. The hike is rated T4. This means you need to be sure footed, comfortable with heights and on cliffs, and happy to scramble and climb with your hands.

    The plan would be to hike from Gotthardpass, over Passo di Lucendro (2532m), Piz Lucendro (2963m), Passo di Cavanna (2613m), over Rongergrat, to the Rottodohütte (2571m). On day 2, it would be a relatively simple descent over Rottälligrat. The hike can be done in reverse order, and may be an option based on weather.

    For specifics, here is a good description: http://www.hikr.org/tour/post4281.html

    How to RSVP

    I have blocked 8 beds at the Rotondohütte. To join:

    - Please RSVP yes.

    - Transfer CHF 20 to my account ICH[masked]A (non-refundable, except if cancelled)

    - Email me to confirm payment and indicate if you have specific dietary requirements.

     

    Regardless of rsvp, the first 7 people to pay get a spot. RSVPs open Thursday afternoon, at noon.

     

    Details on what to bring will follow. However, please be sure you are in good shape (1200m ascent on day 1), used to climbing in rocky terrain, and able to handle weather and temperature changes.

Join or login to comment.

  • Dweep

    Actually no. Last I checked, Saturday is completely clear in the region. Sunday there is a 38% chance of rain, so definitely doable.

    September 12, 2013

    • Dweep

      If it's changed while I was away, well just cancel.

      September 12, 2013

  • Dweep

    If If its changedb

    September 12, 2013

  • Martin

    you a bit optimistic about the forecast for Sunday ;)

    September 12, 2013

Cancelled

Our Sponsors

  • WeHike

    WeHike – your hiking trip made easy

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy