Past Meetup

Fall Hike: Creux du Van

This Meetup is past

23 people went


UPDATE 09Oct10:

Hike to Creux du Van is on...yeah! Weather looks good, even though some Fog in the morning.
See return schedule below (in bold).

Please Update your RSVP if you changed your mind in coming. I will include those in the Waiting list to "Yes".

See you tomorrow!

Hi everyone,

Last time I did this hike was in Spring of last year: going to the Creux du Van. I hope that this makes also a great fall hike!!

The place Creux du Van is located in Kanton Neuchatel and is considered the Gran Canyon of Switzerland, which actually looks more of a big natural amphitheater to me.

The tour will be a hike of about 4 to 4.5 hours walking time, 740m going up and 740m going down, starting from and ending to Noiraigue. It is certainly not the most easiest hike, but it is very rewarding.

The train schedule is (confirmed):

Zürich HB ab 09:04 ICN 1516
Neuchâtel an 10:32
Neuchâtel ab 10:40 R 4814 Regio
Noiraigue an 11:01

Noiraigue ab 16:52
Neuchâtel an 17:15
Neuchâtel ab 17:24
Zürich HB an 18:56

Please note that we will meet in Zh HB under the big weird angel at 8:45am. If you are running late and miss us, please go directly to the train and try to find us. If your coming from somewhere else, you can also meet us on the train or at the destination point at the given time.

For any matters, please don't hesitate to call me at 076 577 4480.

Recommended to bring along:
- sun/wind/rain protection (wind jacket,sun scream, glasses, etc)
- Hiking shoes (tennis shoes not recommended)
- Picknick (sandwich, leftover easter eggs, etc.)
- Water (at least 1 liter )
- Enthusiasm!

VERY IMPORTANT: I will organize a group ticket for the train, which provides everyone a good discount and avoids for everyone to hurry on a Sunday morning to buy a ticket. For this, I need to know the following,
a) how many people are really coming, marked those who said "YES" and want to be included in the Groupticket, and
b) who has a Halb-tax, GA, or nothing (this also includes dogs).

I will have to buy the tickets upfront, so please put only a "YES" if you are very sure that you will come, otherwise just put "Maybe" and buy your own ticket.

Last but not least, I hold the right to change/cancel the event in case of bad weather or lack of quorum. Please refer to the meetup website after 8pm the night before the event for any changes, or else, give me a call.

See you then!



Go to Attendee List